This documentation is last updated on 24th July 2023 and current RealHomes Theme version is 4.1.1
Thanks for purchasing RealHomes Theme. Any question that is beyond the scope of this documentation should be searched on our knowledge base OR asked on our support platform. You can visit this knowledge base article to learn about how to get item purchase code from themeforest.net to sign-up on our support site.
What's new in v4.1.1?
We have added multiple new features in the latest version, which are listed below.
- Brand New Condominium Demo Launched - https://ultra.realhomes.io/condominium/
- Split Day Booking is added in RealHomes Vacation Rentals
- Date Format option is added for RealHomes Vacation Rentals components
- Improved Inspiry Membership Upgrade/Downgrade Functionality
- Several Improvements & Fixes
Tips for Performance Improvement
- It is recommended that you should use a VPS instead of shared hosting as it gives you better resources to work on. Also make sure your hosting is based on SSD drives.
- Use PHP 7.4 or greater as it is faster than previous versions of PHP and a base requirement of WordPress with MySQL version 5.6 or greater. ( You can communicate with your hosting provider to get it updated. )
- Use a good cache plugin like WP Fastest Cache Plugin and test your site properly after installing and configuring it.
- You can also consider installing plugin like Flying Pages plugin for faster user experience.
- Consider using a image compression plugin like Imagify.
- CDN service also plays an important role to improve the performance of your website so you can use it to deliver the content of your website a little faster.
RealHomes Specific Cache Configurations
- RealHomes uses following cookies (if related setting/plugin is enabled). So, You can configure your cache plugin to not cache pages that uses these cookies OR you can request the same from your host if your host is like WPEngine ( who do not allow cache plugin and handles the cache on server level ).
About Child Theme
It is highly recommended to use the child theme so that you can easily update parent theme whenever a new update is available. A pre-built ready to use child theme is included in the main theme pack which you have downloaded from ThemeForest. It is commonly called rh-main-package.zip.
How to Update Theme
RealHomes provides auto-updates within WordPress dashboard. But if you are updating your theme from a very old version then you can consult this knowledge base article.
- Answering technical questions about theme's features.
- Assistance with reported bugs and issues.
- Guidance with included 3rd party assets.
Support Does Not Include
- Code customization.
- Theme installation and setup.